Wednesday, February 9, 2011


Hello Everyone , This is my last blog for the module and comparing to my first blog, where I was confused and unsure what to write , now I am sitting down , n brainstorming in my head what should I write! And I must say it’s all thanks to this internship ! after just 2 months of interning in an agency, I have gained so much knowledge and insight to what public relations is all about, and I’m looking forward to learn more over the next 3 weeks that I will remain at Weber Shandwick Indonesia. WS did not only teach me the hands-down theoretical and technical side of PR but also the do’s n don’ts in PR , the cultural value of Indonesian PR the practical ethics of a workplace and many more personal gain that I wouldn’t have learnt through any module. Now I understand why our Unit Coordinator made it compulsory for students to do an internship, where else could be a better place to learn than in the midst or PR experts?

I spent most of last week doing the draft of my report and I must say , I had no difficulties when I had to write down all that I learnt at WS , not only about the theory of PR but also how to carry myself, how to interact with the media and most importantly how to carry myself. Surrounded by the warmth and help that my colleagues have given me over the last two months, I am truly grateful that I did this internship.

There is so much I want to share, but I don’t want to be too theoretical so I guess I am just going to say one word to describe what I felt struck me the most : “CAREFULLY CONFIDENT” . I am aware that these two words contradict each other , but I think it would be beneficial if we master it. Be on top of our game , know your field and it will definitely result fruitful :D

I am glad that I learned so much in so little time and once again a very big thanks to the wonderful WS Indonesia team :D :)
Here is a picture of my colleagues and I :
Attached

That’s it for now , I wish all of you best of luck in your future endeavors

Thanks & Best Regards:)
Winisha Mirpuri
14488658

1 comment:

Kev and Trish said...

Hi Winisha!

It's great to know that you are actually enjoying your internship, so do I. You have no idea how much I like the idea of our Unit Coordinator for making it as compulsory as there were so many things that we can learn throughout the internship period.

Your words "CAREFULLY CONFIDENT" do catches my eyes. It is so true that we need to be confident on ourselves yet careful with what we had done as in our field, careless no longer can be tolerated. Our mistakes will eventually affect not only particularly our department but also the image and reputation of our company. However, over confident may also produce adverse effects. Hence, it is essential to find the balance point. I hope I did not misinterpret your meaning. Anyway, thanks for sharing and all the best to you!