Friday, February 25, 2011

Which Radio Station Do You Prefer?

There were more than 50 radio stations here in Malaysia. Can you believe it? I was so shock when I heard this figure. I am so ashame for myself for being a Malaysian as I only can recall around 10 radio stations. Do you know exactly how many radio stations your country has? Check it out and you might have some unexpected answer as well!

Getting back to the interview, it was not a live on-air interview and I was not the interviewee. I was just there to learn. However, I am still grateful to have this opportunity and most importantly manage to learn and understand how the radio on-air programme works. It might sounds common sense to others but before I stepped in, I swear that I actually do not know radio in different areas have different versions though we are listening on the same channel. Anyway, the interview lasts for an hour and were discussing about the highlights of Kota Kinabalu. I still remember the first sentence from the DJ was related to "relationship". She hopes that the relationship can be enhanced through the interview. I was quite surprise when this word actually came out from the DJ before my supervisor.

From the interview, I have learn that the content not always plays an important role. The crucial part is creating awareness among the targeted audiences of Likas Square Condotel which provides a 5-stars spacious with a 3-stars price to guests that travels with friends and family. Moreover, we happen to know quite a number of highlights in Kota Kinabalu that guarantees our hotel guests be able to enjoy to the fullest during their visit. Nevertheless, media clippings to be updated as well after the interview.

Regarding the media clippings, I involve more on newspaper clippings as there were lots to catch up compare to the magazines and I think I understand why this is happening. I had nightmares those days after reading the newspapers with all those robbery, rape, accident or murder cases. To be honest, that is the main reason why I hate to read newspapers. However, I have no choice since it is part of my department's scope of work. We need to exercise the professionalism that we had learnt in classes! So, I continue to read through in case it mentioned the competitors or the hotel in it although I do not really enjoy reading it.

Anyway, tomorrow will be my last day working. I started to miss all my colleagues whether they are in my department or not. Hope that I will not be tearing tomorrow, that will be very embarrassing!



Best Regards,

Tricia
14203000
Miri Curtin



2 comments:

putri88 said...

At least you know 10 radio stations, well done. I only know less than 10, I guess. Well my favourite radio station is traxx.fm and muzik.fm but now i rarely hear radio and mostly spend my time via internet.so I guess most people spend their time via internet compare to listening to radio. So, do you think using radio as your selected media to create awareness is still applicable?

Kev and Trish said...

Thanks for your comment, putriLicious88! To be honest, I rarely listen to the radio as well. I agree that nowadays most of the people will spend their time via internet and that explains the existance of online radio. I am also aware that not all radio stations can be listened through the internet. Hence, it is important as well to select the right radio station for your interview to be on air if possible. Besides that, every stations have different target audiences too. My advise is select the right radio station that matches with your target audiences in order to reach them more effectively and efficiently.