I,m Florance kalaemang , a final year student in Limkokwing University
I was doing my internship at Department of Road Transport and Safety. It is a Government Department within the Ministry of Transport and Communication. It was established In 1989. I will say the internship was an eye opening experience; it helped me to grow as an individual and as a Public Relation professional. I had a chance to interact with different customers, staff and other Department’s stakeholders, to Write media release, Developing corporate image, Systematize and coordinate the promotion of a positive image of the Department and ensure that individuals and other companies that we are working with have access to all the information they require, Coordinate events; I also got the chance to work with media, I was arranging for interviews both for Radio and Television, when ever they want an interview with us, or when our Department need an interview and also inviting them to our events.
I got the chance to attend WORLD DAY OF REMEMBRANCE FOR ROAD TRAFFIC VICTIMS
In 2005 the United Nations (UN) and World Health (WHO) adopted a resolution which calls for Government to mark the third Sunday in November as the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims. Our Department celebrated the main event in Ramotswa.
Then we had other events in different places through out December to; remember those who have succumbed to the road crashes scourge and their immediate families who will have to live with this unpleasant and painful experience for the rest of their lives, to raise awareness on all road users in respond of alarming road traffic injuries, death and the enormous economic cost of society, creating effective partnerships ,commitment and participation’s , to build momentum for safe traveling during Christmas and new festive season and beyond.
I will say people in Mahetwe were very cooperative, they took incentive of the whole event, they were responsible for cooking and serving as and entertainment. Our main job as a Department was just to run the program. We tried by all means to make sure that people in Mahatwe village feel that Road Safety is not only our responsibility as a Department but everyone's responsibility .We also had our other stakeholders like; a representatives from Motor Vehicle Fund who was assigned to say a speech, we also had a representative from Botswana police, Mahatwe primary school head teacher and Village Chief.
During the event I was assigned to help at the exhibition stall to sensitize the public about road safety and advice them on our to use road during Christmas period; this gave me an opportunity to have face to face communication with our key public.
I was told about this event on first day I arrived at the Department and I was advised to read all the leaf lets and broaches that we were using during the event, so that I can be able to answer people when they have any Questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment