Tuesday – The New Hump Day
Interesting fact – If you survey all the retail stores in the city, they will agree that Tuesday is the new Wednesday! Staff members notice a drastic increase in sales on Tuesdays from women seeking therapy…. My Tuesday is feeling a little like hump day.
Yesterday was busy - I had things to follow up, emails to send and tasks to complete. Today, follow-ups have finished, and I am sitting waiting patiently for the heat of the working week to begin!
Today I thought it would fill you in a little bit about His Majesty’s Theatre Foundation (HMTF) and what we are all about. We provide unique and imaginative programming initiatives for Perth Theatre Trust Venues such as His Maj, Perth Concert Hall, Playhouse Theatre, Subiaco Arts Centre and the new State Theatre Centre. Although we are not a PR agency as such, a lot of our work is PR based and revolves around important PR topics such as stakeholder management and communication etc.
I am not very familiar with the Creative Arts Sector in Perth, so it has been an intensive learning period familiarising myself with its people, events and how it works. Not the most efficient at times (but better than Government!)
The Foundation is a team of three, and I work with the Executive Director, EA to Executive Director and a Project Director. Since I have begun with the Foundation, my colleagues here have been exceptionally supportive and given me every opportunity to learn and grow. I feel very lucky to be here.
Also, working in a small office reinforces the importance of internal communication especially if we are all working on one project. Without good communication, it wastes time, misinterprets messages, loses direction and makes a team inefficient.
Some techniques I have learnt that allow me to maintain my internal communications are: always CC the relevant people into your emails, hold regular update meetings, document your progress for others to view if they wish, and always ask the question if you are in doubt.
Have a happy hump day!
No comments:
Post a Comment