Friday, April 1, 2011

The End, But Not Goodbye Yet.

Today is my last day of internship in SUPP. The journey has been very interesting and I have to admit I have gain far more insight on how thing work in the real world. Putting PR theories into practise, I have definitely learn so much than I cannot learn in class such as: interpersonal skills, communication skills, how to deal with unforeseen situations and decision making. 

In the month of March, we had successfully organized all the 3 weekends waSUPP programme. The events had deem successful although I still see a lot of room available for improvement. The team that I have been working together with has given me something that I can remember and cherish. The experience, the happy moments and obstacles we had to face in the progress had taught me in ways that I have never thought of. I am grateful and thankful for their support and guidance in the period of my internship. Although this marks the end of my internship, this is not the end yet. I have joined SUPP youth section and will be looking in involving in more activities and events in the future.

In this period, one thing I've learn is to not give up in tough situation. There will be times and situation you encountered when things look a lot harder for your capability and all you want to do is to give up. Don't give up. Just hang on and fight for it. If you can't handle it, do not hesitate to ask for help and do not be afraid to make mistakes.
"When the going gets tough, the tough get going."
All will come to pass. When you conquer it, you will be able to look back and think 'It wasn't so hard as I thought it will be'. After all, what does not break you makes you stronger.

All the best for those of you who are and will be undergoing your internship. I hope you will enjoy the period of your internship.


Regards,
Law Siaw Wen
Sarawak Campus 
Intern at Sarawak United Peoples' Party (SUPP)   

1 comment:

WinNie said...

Hello,

We had worked in the same firm, thus knowing how tough was the preparation that all of you had done. So hope you can bring some PR theories and practise to improve their performance in future. Good job!