Saturday, April 23, 2011

The ending of a new beginning :)

I guess my journey has come to an end today. As I packed out my stuff from the office, cleared the desk I starred at the large calendar that the team I was working with made for the past 4 months. How much we have done, the many events we carried out and the memories of the joys and the struggles.

I have to say that I will miss my early mornings and mostly the brainstorming sessions with people from all different background, age and races. Although the thought of not having to think of the next event coming up, and anything to organise brings relief to me. However, I know I will miss the fast paced packed action.

Although we lost in the elections, I count it all victory to have taken part in the 2011 Sarawak election. A chance that is only given once every 5 years, and a chance of a life time for many.  I count it all victory that I have made many friends and build a strong network through this internship and have got closer to my workmates of whom I know after all the long days and nights planning and organising I will never forget.

I have been asked to stay with the youth and contribute as a member from outside. I believe I will take this offer up as I have come to believe that this may just be the platform I am looking for to build networks that are able to reach out to the needy community of Miri, which has always been my passion.

Through this internship, I was able to learn many aspects of Public relations from the techniques of event planning, speech writing and media release all the way to the core of communicating to the public, media and ministers. It was an experience I will never forget and something I learnt that although at times we may get stuck while doing something, we must always continue doing it and just keep on keeping on, and eventually you will know what to do. 

As for that, my advice to anyone taking this unit.. when you get stuck somewhere during your job, dont stop. Just keep doing what you know to do, and eventually, you will know what to do. 


Blessings to all,
Rachel K. Bulan
PR practitioner in practice with SUPP
CURTIN MIRI CAMPUS

1 comment:

GeRAIN™ Chan said...

Hello Rachel,

It's nice to read your internship experience at SUPP. It is good to see that you (and Siti and Joanne) has gone though a lot of events, struggles, teamwork, and also community/youth events.

I agree with what you said, "although at times we may get stuck while doing something, we must always continue doing it and just keep on keeping on, and eventually you will know what to do."

This is something that I learnt from my internship as well. We need to be calm and patience even though we could be working under pressure. At the end, you will be prepared and know how to deal with similar issues if there is any in the future.

There is no harm to learn something new, and whenever there is a question, there is already a solution for us to find out.

Cheers! :D