Sunday, April 24, 2011

Week 8 and more - media launch

Hello all, it’s been a while since my last post. I have completed my internship since February 25, but I volunteered myself to stay in the company and continue my tasks as a personal assistant of Mr John Michael.

I attended the Blue Room Theatre’s Up Close season launch with Mr John on 10th March. It was a great and exciting event for me as I managed to talk to numerous stage play writers, producers, directors, actors, and also journalists from a variety of media agencies in the event. The event was organised by the Blue Room Theatre, and served as the launching of upcoming shows such as “A Germ of an Idea”, “Appalling Behaviour”, “Scent Tales” and “Drag”. The attendees were given a short introduction of each show by the writer, as well as a brief snippet of a black comedy “Anytown”. The short snippet was interesting; it was like a movie teaser, but a real life stage version. I gained some ideas on how a media launch should be, and this kind of event is a perfect way to create connection and contacts.

I continued to update media roster and then uploaded to our company website; edited the media reports and media listings, and also submitted event listings on several websites such as Eventful.com, Community News, Enjoy Perth, Whatson.com, and ABC’s The Big Diary to promote the current and upcoming shows. I started to practise the originating-checking-recording method when collecting show listings on the internet.

I received an invitation to watch “Appalling Behaviour” on 28th March, which is one of the client’s shows that we were working on earlier. It was good to see the success of a small budget production received good amount of positive responses and reviews from the press, and also the amount of article published. However, I learnt that publicist and reviewers could write in certain way, so it is important to have and maintain good relationship with the media.

More posts coming up. Happy Easter everyone :)

No comments: