I always thought taking food images are easy. After shooting, edit the images and that's it. They are ready to be printed and shown.
However, today is the first time I observe how the photo-taking is done. I would describe the experierence as tough and tiring.
Because the current Baits of Pleasure menu is expiring soon, chef had developed new menu named "The Pleasure of Oz". Diners are pampered to enjoy unlimited bite-size portions from this menu in additional to the buffet spread.
The photoshoot was carried out from 3pm to 6pm, to snap 3 dishes. The photographers set up their props around the table and once ready, the food is placed in the middle on this acyclic which is very clean and scratch-less. Several shoots were taken to capture the best effect and "look" of the dish. At times, the food needs to put on some "make-up" to look pretty.
I was there with my supervisor to advise the effect we need for the photos to ensure that these photos meet the company's guidelines and suitable to be send to the media for coverage.
Overall, I enjoyed this fun and fresh photoshoot session.
Next up will be the dissemination of information to the media in regards to the new menu.







No comments:
Post a Comment