




After 64 days of interning with BERJAYA University College of Hospitality's (BERJAYA UCH) Public Relations, Communications and Events Department (PR, Comm and Events), my internship has come to an end. Before that happens though, I have one last event to take care of - well along with many others (around 30 other staffs I think and some student volunteers) who were wither assigned or volunteered to help out. That was the BERJAYA Foundation Day 2011!!!
The people I'm photographed with above are only three of the many celebrities that attended and performed at the charitable celebration on the 26th of February, 2011 (Saturday) at BERJAYA Times Square Mall. In the third photograph is Harith Iskandar, a famous comedian in Malaysia all on and off screen and/or stage. In the fourth is a host/model/actress who can also sing apparently, Azura Zainal, whom I have been a fan of since my primary school days. As for the heart throb in the third picture, is Jehan Miskin, an actor.
As preparation for the event, the PR, Comm and Events team was in charge of making sure everyone who was accounted for had their T-shirts for the event (such as the one I'm wearing in the pictures above), and making sure BERJAYA UCH had our coupon boxes which we will then have to return to corporate office, used or unused. We got 5 boxes but only ever used two.
At our bazaar stall outside the mall, we sold mocktails, cakes and cookies. There were baskets that some of us could fill with the goods and go around inside the mall selling them to people in exchange for the coupons they have bought before hand. The day was filled with fun and celebration but at the same time very giving and charitable. Every company under the BERJAYA Group of Companies had a stall or so at the bazaar. There was even a raffle draw with a Mazda 2 as the grand prize. I would have joined but I didn't have enough coupons.
I must've sold, over two dozen packs of cookies and somewhere around 10 cake loafs that day. It was my last chance to bond and have fun with my BERJAYA UCH colleagues. The other pictures were taken after we have sold everything we had to sell and more. The day wasn't even over yet. My last day was supposed to be on the 25th of February, 2011 (Friday), but I couldn't resist sneaking another day into my internship. It was well worth it, especially because I got to meet so many celebrities including the ones shown in the pictures. Yet another experience to remember for life!
That is all the highlights about my internship. This shall be my last blog post. It's been a blast interning at BERJAYA UCH. I'll be sure to visit as soon as I get the time off this semester. I really do miss everyone, staff and students alike. I look forward to seeing them again in the near future. All the best to other interns out there. Enjoy your internship and learn as much as possible. You have nothing to lose but so much gain. A toast to the betterment of our future! Cheers everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment