Hey all!
This week is my last week of internship, and I cannot believe that I am saying this, but I actually got used to the routine of waking up at 7am, going to work that consisted of updating, following up, planning, organising and having my fingers fly across the keyboard nearly every minute. And then going back or even rushing home at times to complete my assignments for school. It has turned into a routine for me and of course higher stress levels as well as weight lost.
This week passed extraordinarily fast, rearranging and labelling of course brochures, basically, manual work which results in a lot of paper cuts. Finishing up the whole spreadsheet that had to do with environmental scanning of the school’s competitors, and getting the satisfaction that I finished what I had started. In addition, today I was given the task of writing a testimonial of a student doing a masters program.
From this whole internship, I have learnt to ask questions, even though sometimes it can be irrelevant to what I was supposed to do. My knowledge regarding the courses offered in the Health Science department expanded tremendously. At the beginning, like everyone else I was at a lost in regards to emailing or contacting the necessary people who I was supposed to get information from. Now, I at least know slightly more than a handful of people who are able to assist me in getting the job done. Ultimately, as everyone says these days, “getting the right contacts for your job is important”. I actually doubted that before the internship, but now I cannot deny.
1 comment:
All good things come to an end.. or so they say..
It sounds like you had an interesting placement, as I will aso be finishing up my placement I can relate to that sense of melancholy as you say goodbye to your desk, chair and coffee mug.
I must say that this unit does wonders for your stress levels and organisational skilss- never in my life have I been more organised and on time! Hopefully we can remember to take this with us when we move on to greater things- like a job that pays us! Though maybe not the stress..
Post a Comment