For the whole two months I spent with Jo’ish Concepts I experienced a very important thing that is being a part of a family. Despite the cultural differences we were more like a family, we shared work equally and this benefited the organization very much in gaining staff loyalty and trust. It is all about RECOGNITION, being able to recognize the effort your staff put on the project. It was easy to tell that the staff contributions are valued especially at the time when there were alterations that had to be made on the project proposal ”AMBASSORDORS OF LITTLE INDIA 2011” the staff was informed and divided with tasks and every morning we will have a meeting and discuss on the progress. Working on a small budget as a small company, it has never stopped Jo’ish Concepts from giving a treat to a meal, or vacation once in a while to their staff.
Todays discussion question is how was being placement in a big organisation? Did they recognize and trust you as an intern to do your work well far most how about recognizing their permanent staff.?
4 comments:
Well said Florence! I did my placement in a small company was well and I have to agree with you.
Being in a small company really allows you more recognition and also lets one be exposed to a more equal workload. For me I found that my colleagues treated me more like an equal and the fact that I was younger and still in school was quickly forgotten once I proved myself to be capable.
I’ve been given the chance to attend meetings with clients and write proposals, things that I may not have gotten the chance to do had I been attached to a bigger company.
While I don’t have any insight on what is it like to work in a larger office, just thought I’d drop you a note to let you know that I enjoyed my experience at a small office, just like you did!
I look forward to hearing responses from our peers doing their placements at larger companies.
hei Nik and Florence
My name is Florance as well. I was doing my internship at Department of Road Transport and Safety (DRTS) in Botswana. It is a department under the Ministry of transport and communications which have six departments under it. The department has 23 offices country wide. To be honest with you i had a great 9 weeks. I will say the 9 weeks that I was an intern at DRTS was an eye opening experience. The DRTS's Management trusted in me so much, i was involves in so many activities , i got the chance to be in the meeting with DRTS deputy director ,i wrote the speech for the Minister of Transport and Communication. It doesn't matter whether you are in a small organization or big organization. What matters most is to show them what you can do for the organization, show them that they really need you, bring the impact to the running of organization, make them fill your present .
Hi Florence, to my experience i will say that, maybe it depends with the organisation, some organisations don't trust interns especially well established PR agencies, they consider themselves as experts and their interns as unexperienced. They take them as students who are just being offered training making it hard for them to trust the interns.
Thank you all for your amazing comments, i guess Lebo have said it all. It depends on the organisation your working with, and also if you prove yourself enough to be trusted. Dont wait to be given work, ask and be incharge.
Post a Comment