On Thursday April 14 I attended a community rally at Parliament House. One of Clarity Communications clients; Cockburn Cement had been accused of spreading dust across the City Of Cockburn. Members of the Lime Community Action Group, headed by Fran Logan gathered at Parliament House a little after 9am.
As a representative for Clarity I was there to observe and take notes; trying to gain as much information as I could on the matter before it hit the media.
Fran Logan first gave a Grievance speech to Bill Marmion. After this the group gathered outside parliament house waving their signs and chanting, waiting for Bill Marmion to come out. They then pleaded Mr. Marmion to inspect the condition of the Cockburn Cement plant, which he agreed to. There was an abundance of media groups there; Channel 7,Community News, Channel 9, Channel 10 and ABC.
After the rally I went back to Clarity and put together a brief, preparing us for the story in the media. Thankfully for Clarity and Cockburn there was not much mentioned of the day’s event in the media.
Attending the rally was very exciting; it gave me hands on experience and exposed me to the workings of media groups. I learnt that as a consultancy that you always need to be one-step head of the media in regards to your client.
PETER DEVLIN-CLARITY COMMUNICATIONS
No comments:
Post a Comment