Sunday, May 15, 2011

Backstage

Hi everyone,

I am currently nearing the end of my internship, second last week here in fact. There are definitely more things given to me to complete, organise, inputting of information, updating of information. And the list goes on…

I never knew that I was going to be this busy at work. Looking back now, the first week of work seemed mundane compared to what I am experiencing now. At the beginning, my manager did not give me any deadlines even though I always asked her when she needed an article to be written by. But now, there are quite a few deadlines to meet. Especially regarding the environmental scan on the school’s competitors.

There was also updating of contact lists, where by potential students of Curtin University’s School of Health Science sent in queries regarding the variety of courses that we were offering. There were stacks of enquiries and I had to input every one of them into a spreadsheet as well as allocating them to the different departments that were able to answer their questions.

Besides doing that, just this week, I got to help out in an event! It is a good feeling to know that you actually have played a part in making the event happen. To know that it was you who manually counted the hundreds of different brochures and taking the initiative to know how many brochure stands are needed, as well as packing notepads for those people attending the event. It was hard work, because they are all heavy items and all these have to be packed into boxes and properly labelled.

The event was a career fair which was sort of an open day for universities in Perth. It was held at the Perth Convention Centre and I had to go a day earlier to set up, there was arranging of brochures to be placed on the table as well as props and demos that had to be properly positioned. Here are some pictures that I took while I was there.

No comments: