Hi Everyone
First day of my practical placement at the Town of Cambridge and I'm (like everybody I'm sure) feeling a bit nervous. I started off with an orientation of the building including most importantly where the staff room is and meeting some of the people I will be working with and seeing round the office for the next four weeks.
Then I was straight into it writing media releases!! Writing has never been my strongest point so I was a little apprehensive. My first one was on the World Café Day the town was hosting as part of its community sustainability program. After a few drafts and edits by the Corporate Communication Officer I was happy with the final version which will be sent to the Post and the Western Suburbs Weekly newspapers. The second part of this exercise was to write a snappy and chatty blurb which will be included in the Cambridge new page which is included every fortnight in the Post Newspaper.
The town also has another exciting project on the go. A new publication called VIP wants to do a feature spread in the magazine on the town and 3 services the Golf course, Boulevard Function Centre and the Quarry Amphitheatre as well as an introduction by the mayor has been selected for inclusion. I have been having a go at drafting some text and photos ideas for this publication
Emily Davis
Curtin Bentley
No comments:
Post a Comment