Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hello to All!

------------------------Posted on the behalf of Abigail Ang-------------------------
28 February 2011 (backdated)
A brief overview of what I’m doing so you guys are kept in the loop. (:
I’m currently working full time in a division that is in charge of the corporate development as well as the international relations on my company. I’m part of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team of the company, headed by my division, which runs my company’s CSR programme. As what I have learnt from my PR classes, CSR is becoming increasingly popular among organisations today as they recognize the importance to be a socially-responsible organization to give back to the community.
We came up with this programme, named the Youth Passport Programme (YPP). Yup as you can guess, we are mainly targeting youths, usually in secondary schools. We had to come up with a workplan full of suitable activities to engage both the students, as well as staff volunteers.
We had obtained approval from our senior management to go ahead with the programme, and the upcoming activities include Fire Station Tours, the YPP Amazing Race and Games Day.
My PR skills come in when I have to communicate to internal staffs our CSR cause, as well as to encourage their participation in our activities. As our CSR programme is still in the initial stages, we do not do much publication to external parties and media, but we are slowly getting there!
I’m very hyped up to be part of this exciting CSR programme!
Stay tuned for more! (:

1 comment:

XT said...

I am very excited for your CSR programme and I hope everything went well with the programme!

CSR is interestingly increasing its popularity, even in Singapore and a lot of corporation are looking to work together towards good CSR. I guess it's all about building up a good brand name for your own company and also giving back to the society.

Let's also hope that that the societies will gain from their contribution!