Monday, March 28, 2011

Mission accomplish

Even though we had a long night last night on the last waSUPP weekend, I managed to come into the office during normal office hours starting at 8am. Today we didnt waste any time in the morning, we straight away had a meeting about the waSUPP events and had a post-mortem on it.

As the three weekends were spread out throughout the 3 weeks, the meeting lasted rather long. We went through all the pros and cons of the events and what we could have improved on. By the end of the meeting, we all felt that we were both successful as our point of success was measured by the number of new people who would sign up as members of waSUPP. Although we managed to reach out target of 20 members, (24 members) however I still felt that the organisation of the event could have been done better and smoother as I felt that things were done in a rush and not thought out through enough.

The waSUPP event had taught me alot. What we learned in event planning during out PR 220 unit Techniques, I found it very useful as I took part in a lot of the event planning where we had to make a checklist, time program and even prepare a speech for the Mayor to say during the opening of the event.

During the waSUPP events, I had learned a lot about the importance of team workmanship and how important it was to get along with your team members. Even though most of the team players were Chinese speaking, however I made it a point to get to know them on their level as so that we could work better as we only got to know each other on such a short time.

The youth of SUPP are happy with the waSUPP program and plan to continue to implement it in the party and to keep its original objectives which are to reach out to the youth through community work in the local society.

Blessings to all, 
Rachel K. Bulan
PR practitioner in practice with SUPP
CURTIN MIRI CAMPUS

No comments: