Today was my last day at the Student Edge office.
I've had quite the eye-opening experience, having never worked in an office setting around PR before. Wrapping up some 26 weeks or so is a little hard but it's definitely time to move on and take away all the skills I have learned with me.
When I arrived at the office today the CEO asked me to quickly produce a document summarising the topic of the last poll and forum discussion. The topic was 'youth issues' and received a huge amount of respondents. Bullying, body image and self-esteem, mental issues, alcohol and drugs, youth suicide and homelessness came up as prevalent issues affecting young people. The document featured a screenshot of the current poll, statistics on respondents and a summary of comments off the website from student members. The document was to be part of a backgrounder on 'youth issues' and accompany a media release produced by the CEO. It was simple work but needed to be completed on a strict time limit of half an hour.
Student Edge is working on producing a brand new and improved website and various mobile apps. In order to do this, they wish to communicate internally with staff to gather ideas and keep everyone 'in the know'. Most of my day was spent in an internal workshop where publics were identified anew and everyone brainstormed ideas on how Student Edge could better connect with students. This workshop was actually a great team-building exercise and gave everyone a chance to voice their opinions in an open and relaxed environment.
The day finished off with all sorts of treats to mark my last day as a Student Edge intern. It was a really fantastic way to say goodbye to the team! I feel like I have learned a lot about professionalism, presentation, efficiency and team work. I end this chapter on a high note and I look forward to delving deeper into the communications field with improved confidence.
Good luck with your reports everyone :)
I've had quite the eye-opening experience, having never worked in an office setting around PR before. Wrapping up some 26 weeks or so is a little hard but it's definitely time to move on and take away all the skills I have learned with me.
When I arrived at the office today the CEO asked me to quickly produce a document summarising the topic of the last poll and forum discussion. The topic was 'youth issues' and received a huge amount of respondents. Bullying, body image and self-esteem, mental issues, alcohol and drugs, youth suicide and homelessness came up as prevalent issues affecting young people. The document featured a screenshot of the current poll, statistics on respondents and a summary of comments off the website from student members. The document was to be part of a backgrounder on 'youth issues' and accompany a media release produced by the CEO. It was simple work but needed to be completed on a strict time limit of half an hour.
Student Edge is working on producing a brand new and improved website and various mobile apps. In order to do this, they wish to communicate internally with staff to gather ideas and keep everyone 'in the know'. Most of my day was spent in an internal workshop where publics were identified anew and everyone brainstormed ideas on how Student Edge could better connect with students. This workshop was actually a great team-building exercise and gave everyone a chance to voice their opinions in an open and relaxed environment.
The day finished off with all sorts of treats to mark my last day as a Student Edge intern. It was a really fantastic way to say goodbye to the team! I feel like I have learned a lot about professionalism, presentation, efficiency and team work. I end this chapter on a high note and I look forward to delving deeper into the communications field with improved confidence.
Good luck with your reports everyone :)
No comments:
Post a Comment