Everything eventually comes to an end and this internship was no exception. During my 20 days at the Faculty of Health Sciences, I have networked with different people from different nationalities and learnt to appreciate them irregardless of the differences we may be having. The thing I liked about working at Curtin University was how the staff treated me like a co-worker and did not delegate me mundane tasks for me to do but rather challenged me to be and do my best. From writing press releases, performing administrative duties, helping out in events - the type of skills I had learnt is priceless and the knowledge I had gained is endless. On a whole, through the articles and the media releases I have written, I found that like any other discipline, writing takes the patience equivalent to that of a sniper ready to take his shot. The more you write, the better you become. In short, writing requires ideas and ideas require thought and when pitching the story to the media, it’s always best to strike in the active voice rather than passive.
I really had a best time working at the University - saying I enjoyed working would be an understatement, I’m going to miss the professional office set up as well as my colleagues. Now I guess I can’t wait to graduate and join the real world.
No comments:
Post a Comment