Hello PR Practitioners!!!!
This week I had to write a small script for a short radio spot about Alzheimer, it's symptoms and where in Mauritius you can go to have more information and get some help. The radio spot is for the Alzheimer Association of Mauritius.
Following the conversation I had with the client and the mail she sent me with all the details, I wrote the script and sent to her for approval. Then today I had participated in the recording of the radio spot and I directed the person doing the voicing. I told her which tone to adopt and would best suit the spot and what emotions the listeners should perceive when listening to the spot.
We had to re-record several times to achieve perfection. Also there were two version of the spot that needed to be written and recorded (Creole and Bhojpuri). For the bhojpuri part I was only involve in the recording as I don't know the language and needed someone else to translate the text I had written for the client.
Tomorrow my team and I will finalise everything for the spot and send it to the client to see whether she likes it or not. My boss was satisfied with the work we have done but as you know they will find some little things to say and told us what needed to be change.
I will keep you posted about what the client says about the radio spot we've made.
Till my next post, take care everyone.
Sandy NMH
Charles Telfair Institute
Mauritius
9 comments:
Sandy, it sounds like you have a lot of responsibility in your internship!
It is interesting to hear how much effort goes into a radio spot. I agree that the tone of voice in advertising has an immense affect on the delivery of the message. Sounds like you hit the nail on the head with getting this aspect right.
Congratulations on what sounds like a successful radio spot, im sure your client will be really happy with your job.
Lucy
Lucy, Yes I got many responsibilities during my internship and it was so interesting and challenging. It was so different from what you actually learn in class although the theory applies everywhere..
I would have never guessed how much effort you can put in a radio spot. It is not only just reading aloud the message but the tone that you should use and emotions that you want to communicate with the listener.
Also the feedback from the client was very positive, she really liked it. And the best is that she didn’t had any corrections to make like other clients I had after her who would change their mind on the text (even though they are the one who wrote the texts..). Anyways as you know the customer is always right and we need to satisfy them.
Sandy NMH
Hi Sandy,obviously, it is seems that your internship is really great...
I know how much effort was done to make the radio spot a success due to the fact that I participated in a CTI radio ad at the beginning of the semester. It was like everything should be done several times in order to get the right track.
I can assure you that your radio spot is well done as I heart it on radio this morning.
Congratulation, it is a really good job.I am really proud of you.
Keeps it up
Cheers,
Annabel
Hey Annabel, yeah my internship was really great and I have learnt a lot of things. Yeah in a radio spot you need to record until you get it right, the right tone, emotion, etc.. I’ve listened to a lot of CTI radio ad. Which one did you participate in?? I didn’t recognize your voice though.. But it was the same for a friend of mine who participated in another radio spot and I didnlt recognize her voice too.. I think it was because of the tone she used(it was a tone she rarely adopt when speaking to me).. And thanks.
Sandy NMH
Hi Sandy,
I used to participate in the last CTI radio ad where we have promoted CTI open day for "Les Métiers Créatifs". Though, it was quite fun...
Annabel
Hello,
I must say that's really great to be working on the radio script. It is quite fun working on such projects but I believe it must have been quite hefty as well. Because I sure do know about the script writing, the recording and in studio work. But then again, this is what PR and Comm is all about. Interesting and challenging simultaneously...
By the looks of it, you've nailed it, as the boss is satisfied with your work.
Keep it coming, and enjoy all the experience this module is enabling us to have.
Naresh.
Hey Sandy,
I think that this task reflects the importance and relevance of Public relations in promotional advertising. You seem to master and know how to nurture the relationship with your client (Alzheimer Association of Mauritius) by taking into consideration the appropriate message that should be conveyed in order to raise the Association’s visibility and also raise the awareness of Alzheimer in Mauritius.
What I find interesting is the need to spread the message through different vernacular languages (Creole and Bhojpuri) in order to reach different kinds of public. Even if you participated only in the recording for the Bhojpuri part your collaboration with the translator shows how your knowledge as a PR is important in delivering a strategic message.
Congratulations for the success of your radio spot! :)
Cheers
Natasha
Post a Comment