I thought it was about time I entered the PR 393 Blogosphere.
I have just finished up my third week at Muse Bureau, a boutique arts and entertainment PR consultancy located in Mount Lawley. Muse Bureau prides itself on innovatively promoting WA's creative sector and with clients such as Perth Theatre Company, Perth Fashion Festival, Henry & Aaron, Fringe Festival and Beaux Arts Ball I knew I was set for a busy but amazing ride.
My immediate tasks at the Bureau have been to put together reports for Perth Theatre Company's season one productions - The Ugly One (with Gemma Ward), The Pride and Africa. These reports are to be presented to Perth Theatre Company along with a portfolio of media clippings from each show. It is quite a tedious task however once it's done I have been guaranteed that I will be able to work on more interesting tasks.
Our PR lecturers and tutors are always harping on about the importance of networking and from day dot I realised how right they were. My mentors, PR gurus Grant Capriotti and Lauren Elliott, have cultivated invaluable relationships with both their clients and journalists and have stressed to me that in this industry it's not what you know but its who you know.
In my second week I was invited to the opening night of The Disappearances Project, which explored the effects of long-term missing persons cases on family members and regional communities. It was great to be able to go along to the show and catch up with fellow interns Sophie and Olivia, and mingle with the Perth Theatre crowd. The next day I was busy filtering through google alerts on the show, which received rave reviews.
The next couple of weeks are set to be hectic. On Tuesday I get to go along to the Calendar Launch for Perth Fashion Festival, Muse Bureau are producing six of the shows this year, but don't ask me about them because I am sworn to secrecy. Tender Napalm is the next Perth Theatre Company show and boy are we in for some controversy with this one. The show was featured in yesterday's Inside Cover in The West Australian because the bill board ads were deemed too controversial to be put up. The Beaux Arts Ball is also on this Saturday so look out for some crazy costumes in the social pages next week.
So my first post is over. I look forward to sharing more with you all next time!
Lucy Stoelwinder
3 comments:
Hi Lucy,
Glad you are enjoying your placement!
I am interested to know more about Muse Bureau's involvement with Perth Fashion Festival (PFF), just because I recently undertook my placement at Professional Public Relations and one of their major clients is PFF.
Professional Public Relations seemed to be dealing with a lot of the media and events side for this client, including gaining media coverage, media monitoring and organising events,including a New York photo shoot with Nicole Trunfio, the face of this years Festival - pretty exciting stuff!
I'm just interested to know what sort of involvement does Muse Bureau have with this particluar client - what sort of tasks are they doing for PFF?
Looking forward to yor reply :)
Dominique
Hi Dominique,
Muse Bureau is producing 6 of the shows so more on the event management side of things e.g. lighting, liaising with the designers, staging, props etc.
Lauren Elliott worked as the marketing manager directly for PFF for 5 years and this year is taking more of a back seat. It sounds as if PPR has taken over her role for this year but they still liaise with Samantha Bremner.
I am interning at PPR in January 2012 so it will be interesting to see their side of things!
Hope that answers a few of your questions!
Lucy
Great placement, Lucy! I'm looking forward to reading your PFF related posts, no doubt a lot of work goes on behind the scenes before the shows and it'll be interesting to see how it all goes. Good luck :)
Niki
Post a Comment