Thursday, August 4, 2011

So many media releases!

Hi everyone!

I don't have too much to report in this weeks blog just that i can't believe how many media releases and articles i've read in the past two weeks.

At the moment I'm working very closely with the Community Investment(CI) team and one document that I'm helping to build is the Community Investment Board Report. This report is made every 3-4 months and includes all the details of media leverage, sponsorship, grants, media clippings - you name it it's in there!

This report is provided to the Future Fund board members (both from within Rio Tinto and externally, who then decide who receives sponsorships or grants etc from the many applications received across the state). Which brings me back to the many media release and articles I've read.

An external company email the CI team on a daily basis with numerous media releases, clippings (print and broadcast) and to date it is my job to read and save all which releate to Rio Tinto, our competitors and our sponsors. In addition, I also receive numerous media releases from the State Government which I also save if it relates to funding our programs they've announced.

Such awareness informs the Rio Tinto Future Fund board memebers of what else is happening and where they do or do not need to provide sponsorhsip or grants and if un-successful in gaining Rio Tinto funding who else they can approach.

Other activities I've been doing in the office include:


  • Writing articles for the weekly Iron ore update

  • Liasing with Corporate Comms and the revamp of the Rio Tinto Iron Ore website

  • Blogging about City to Surf and Rio Tinto's involvement/ informing employees about free training, registration etc

  • Logistics of commemorative pins involving Rio Tinto's Principal Partnership with the 2012 London Olympics

  • Several meetings including Movember :) always a good event on the mine sites

So that's what I've been up to these past 4 weeks. Please feel free to leave me a comment and until next time... Ciao!


Ally

No comments: