Hi everybody, I’m Annabel from CTI (Mauritius) and this is my first blog post.
I have struggled a lot before being an intern in a Public Relations company known as Neologik Ltd.
For now, I’m at my 5 days in the company. It is really stressful to work and to study at the same time. However, it is really interesting as at the end I will be aware of my strength and aptitudes.
Basically, Neologik is a company focus on Public Relations and their services are as follows: Corporate Communication – Strategy & Plan, Transmedia strategy, Press relations campaign, Web strategy & Content Management, Crisis communication, Public & Investor relations and Event communication.
For the time being, I’m doing press reviews, Top Story Reporting tool and familirising myself with the two basic clients of the company, i.e. Microsoft and Maurisoft.
I have attended my first professional meeting with Maurisoft to confirm the media relations details for their conference and it was a good experience.
Today, I have attended the launching ceremony of Maurisoft Creative Masters Tour Conference where I was the media relations and my task was to welcome the media people and distribute their name tags. It was a really impressive event as I have been able to meet the international multimedia gurus, for instance, Mohammed Jogie, Lisa Taylor and Harry Ravelomanantsoa.
Last week, I was in charge to draft the press invitation as well as the launching speech for Nicolas Lemaire, Maurisoft’s director.
For now, I am stuck within my studies and the work which has been allocated to me.
The biggest responsibility which has been allocated to me is to look in detail at Neologik structure, communication strategy and others and to provide a report on how to re-brand the company.
Really challenging tasks!!!
Well guys, I will try my best to do a good job for this project.
Later on, I will give feedback on how it is proceeding.
Wish you all good luck...
Annabel
CTI, Mauritius.
1 comment:
Hey Anna
It is quite stressful to handle work and studies at the same time, but this will help you to master your time management skills, and from what i know already, you are one hard working girl.
I believe things are going in the right direction for you, as you are able to put both the knowledge gained in PR classes and Internet classes in practice.
PR in the technological world makes it even more challenging as I believe you are having to transcribe technical terms into words comprehensive to everyone. Now that is some good PR work!
And working under Joel Toussaint will definitely help you get better at all this, as he's one of the best out there.So lucky you!
I can't wait to find out what more you've been doing there... until then
Peace.
Naresh.
Post a Comment