Thursday, August 4, 2011

Winter Wonderland Residents Cocktail Party

Hi everyone! Hope that you are all enjoying your placement. Here is a little update about what I have been up to at Nulsen.

Last Friday night (July 29) I attended the mid year cocktail party that is held for Nulsen residents, their familes and all staff members. The venue was Burswood on the Swan and the room was decorated in various blue and white tones to echo the Winter Wonderland theme. Overall the night was very sucessful with many people commenting on how great the venue looked! I found it very rewarding to see all our hard work come together and it was great to see the residents dressed in their formal clothes and having a great time. There was even a fire twirler performing outside by the river who put on a great show! All staff members and residents were given a gift of San Churros drinking chocolate and a pair of wooly sock as a keepsake of the evening.

A few things I learnt along the way when planning an event
- always expected the unexpected and be prepared to change things at the last minute! As often things will not go exactly as you planned them to.
- Its always a good idea to have a folder which contains the deatils and information of key suppliers, this will make it easy for you to contact them if you need to.
- Don't forget to try and enjoy yourself!

I hope that you are all enjoying your placements as much as I am!

Till next time

Kristy

Bentley Campus

2 comments:

lana said...

Hi Kristy

Your placement sounds very exciting!
I completely agree with everything you learnt. I had to help plan some events for my placement so i could easily relate to keeping key details.

All the best for the rest of your placement :)
Alana

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,

Your event sounded amazing! It's nice to hear you can put a lot of effort in and still enjoy the outcome, makes my upcoming events feel a bit more promising. Those tips should come in useful too, thanks for that!

Good luck with the rest of your placement!
Lauren.