Hello again everyone!
Hope all you placements are going well :) Today I would like to tell you a few more interesting tasks I completed on my placement.
Early on in my placement at Manikinn, Kat (head of PR) told me my role would be to constantly source and take note of music and fashion events happening in Perth or around Australia. This was because Manikinn wanted to use these events as a way of exposure for their brand and to possibly get more celebrities on board with the label. As mentioned in my first blog Manikinn wanted to target the celebrity market because of their influence on young women and the perception of wearing what the ‘elite’ are also wearing.
Celebrities that are currently wearing Manikinn are Sophie Monk, Jessica Mauboy, Jennifer Hawkins, Ruby Rose, Dannii Minogue, Miss Australia winner Scherri-Lee Biggs and Jesinta Campbell, to name a few. Manikinn already had a cult following so I wanted to help increase this by researching up and coming events. I spent a few weeks in between daily tasks and showroom duties browsing the web for upcoming and coming events and put together a small spreadsheet calendar for Kat.
Later on in my placement Kat taught me about Manikinn’s celebrity gifting. It was sending out a small gift, such a tee or tank with a Manikinn kit to inspiring celebrities the company admired. We sent out a few gifts and kept track of them to see who possibly would wear them in public and help expose the brand. The successful replies I witnessed were Maude Garrett from Nova and Sam Schoers and Renae Wauhop from The Amazing Race.
The events calendar and celebrity gifting taught me that in public relations you’re always looking for the next opportunity to build on the awareness and reputation of your company. Although Manikinn successfully won the acknowledgement of certain celebrities that task is never complete. It is all about getting more and more people on board to support your brand. I thoroughly enjoyed completing these tasks :)
Till next time!
Alana- Bentley campus
Image:
Sam and Renae from The Amazing Race
No comments:
Post a Comment