Monday, September 19, 2011

Final Blog!

So my placement is coming to an end. I have finished the second round of focus groups, which went swimmingly. Although I am happy that I will be almost finished with this unit, I have gotten rather attached to my projects and am worrying about what will happen to my work once I leave this placement.


I feel that I have learnt a lot about thematic qualitative research and analysis and how to write up a report using the research data. I have also learnt how to write in a way that is nice for people above me in the food chain to consider what I have to say.


I think this placement was a good experience for me especially because I aim to work in a large organisation (which will most likely be a hierarchical one). It is also nice to see that even organisations that seem perfect from the outside can be the opposite when looking from within. Hopefully the research and observations will do Curtin University good. I would love to see the difference in five years time to how much better CBS integrates Chinese Articulation students and how much better the communication between them are.


Although I haven't put to use the "do now, apologise later" attitude and behaviour I understand why people do it. Hopefully I will not have to resort to that in future.This internship has been frustrating at times but I have learnt quite a lot and have made quite a few friends out of it.


Now, back to report writing!

Good luck everyone!


Ivana Stefanovic

13377836

Bentley Campus


No comments: