Wednesday, October 12, 2011

And The End is HERE!

Hey guys!!

It's down to the final week of my internship and also the report! :) i have had an amazing experience working at the UNAAWA and I have definitely gained so much of knowledge through it. One of the main challenges that I faced was that the whole association is volunteer based therefore you rarely get to meet the people behind the scene. For instance, i had met the president once and we have been communicating via e-mail throughout. This was very challenging to me as having discussions online can sometime be misleading but I learnt that this is what happens in the real world. Clients are not always free to have meetings with you and sometimes e-mail and Skype work for them. Therefore it is important nowadays to be available to technology where ever you go.

The other challenge that I found was that when I go into the office, it would just be myself. I learned about the UNAAWA by having a few discussions with one of the volunteers and also by browsing online most of the time. It was a very fun experience thought because I found myself learning a lot from it and I could get my work done.

While working with the UNAAWA, I had also learned a lot about other volunteering associations and how they work. I had gone through many challenges but it was all worth it. I have enjoyed my ride with the UNAAWA and i hope my knowledge had helped them as well..

I hope all of you had a great time too..:)

Karmini Eswaran

No comments: