Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Big Weekend!

Hi...

Again! (hopefully you all read my first blog entry which explained why my blogs are coming so soon after one another)

Perth Fashion Festival (PFF) came around fast after weeks of planning and I can gladly say that Hawaiian and Carillon City's Every Body Counts (EBC) campaign was a great success and such a fun weekend!

 
So here's how it panned out..

FRIDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER

First up, the media launch. An early start to the day to complete the final set up and a quick chat with the top 14 before guests started arriving. This was a chance for the media to get some photo opportunites of the finalists as well as our three speakers, MC and Head of PR and Marketing at Hawaiian, Kata O'Hara, PFF's Mariella Harvey-Hanrahan and EBC's ambassador, Gemma Walsh.

Then it was back to the office for the quiet before the storm, and then a back to the venue for a quick change in the set up for the VIP after party and then we were off to the GPO building for the first parade. I was given the task of backstage photographer where I captured the nervous smiles of the 14 ladies, and a few shots of the lovely male models (sigh), who were taking to the catwalk with the ladies.



The Top 14 waiting backstage

The parade was a success with many cheers and applause from the crowd. The top 14 were abuzz with nerves and adrenaline, and most of all everyone was ready for a well deserved champagne!

Back at the party, the champagne flowed and music played, while a mix of Perth media, the 14 finalists, family and friends, the male models and other guests mingled. A great night, and I didn't mind enjoying the glamourous side of working in PR either!

SUNDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER

The second parade saw the girls being a lot calmer and ready to get out on the catwalk and have fun with the male models who seemed to love playing it up to the crowd, and between you and me, I don't think the crowd minded it either.

This parade didn't have such a glamorous ending as Friday, but more a tinge of saddness with the women saying they thought they would have withdrawals from all the adrenaline and pampering!

Overall, the weekend was really rewarding to watch unfold after the many weeks of preparation that went into this campaign. I definitely understand how the
2010 Every Body Counts won the 'Little/Mini Guns Best Enhancement of an Existing Campaign' award at the Shopping Centre News Australia & New Zealand Marketing Awards!

So I will leave you with a video that sums up the whole campaign, enjoy!


Amanda
14140262

1 comment:

Victoria Hainsworth said...

Hi Amanda,

What an amazing event to be a part of. I think campaigns like ' Every body counts' are precious in our society of constant body criticism. So you must feel proud not only to have just had a great placement, but also so have been part of a really positive initiative for woman. Perth is definately image concious and I think we need to do more to support each other and have self confidence. How did you approach this from a PR angle? Did you write any media releases ? Which publications, social media and other media did you target? Did you have a target demographic in mind when promoting it?

Kind regards

Victoria Hainsworth