Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Results make the Difference

Hi bloggers,

It’s the very end of a really pleasant adventure in the Public Relations field at Neologik Ltd. At times, it was difficult to cope with assignments, class tests and internship. But the atmosphere at Neologik Ltd has provided me with good experiences.

Before, I had a really bad impression upon internships. But after experienced it, my bad impression had given place for the will to do more internship.

Although, it's the end there is still things happening. I’ll relate you what happenned at the beginning of this week.

I had shown my recommendations to my boss where I was enthusiastically encouraging him to promote the company in the media cause the company do not enough visibility.

I was once more wrong!!!! Why?

It is after his speech that I realised that a good PR practitioner is always behind the scene. PR consultancies operate to up bring its clients and to provide it with adequate and possible plan to be visible. Furthermore, a good PR practitioner caters for results and not for money. In fact, the more results a client has, the more PR consultancy has shown engagement in its work for the benefit of its client.

A good PR firm should not gratify itself in the press and then flatter its merit to prove its aptitude. It is simply the results which make the difference. For instance, a good lawyer did not advertise his skills in the press so did reliable PR firms.

Now that it’s the end of my internship, it can be said that the experience acquired at Neologik Ltd worth more than money. I have gained in both knowledge and skills. Thanks a lot to my boss and project manager.

The end of this internship leads us to the beginning of a new career.

Good luck guys.

Cheers

Annabel Ravaton

CTI

1 comment:

c.morgan said...

Hey Annabel,

I also used to have a really bad impression upon internships thinking they were a waste of time because you don't even get paid! but now I completely agree with you, I think that it's worth more than money because you do learn and gain skills that will definately be used in the workplace when working in the PR industry.

You seem to have learned a valuable lesson about PR always being behind the scenes and working for results and not money. I have always thought that PR is a valuable tool to have because it works subtly for a business or organisation and when done correctly it can make a reputation or an organisation seem to suddenly "appear" in the eyes of the public.

I'm glad you enjoyed your internship as much as I enjoyed mine.

Caitlin
Bentley
14283109