So, I have finally finished my professional placement.
While the last 2 months have been extremely busy, I’ve had a great time and have learnt a lot.
While I’m happy to have finished the unit (well, not completely the report is still looming), I have become a bit attached to the projects I’ve been working on, and find myself wanting to check up on what is being completed.
My blogs have kept you all up to date with the tasks and projects I have been working on, so for my final blog instead of focusing on what I’ve done, I will tell you the main things I’ve learnt.
The first thing I’ve discovered from my internship is the importance of good public relations in any business, big or small. Public Relations is all about creating and maintaining good relationships with the people who matter most to a business- its publics- and without good relationships I fail to see how any business can succeed.
In my placement I have really noticed how important it is to focus just as much on internal communication and relationships, as we so on the relationships with outside publics. Open communication with staff, and good relationships with staff is imperative to a business. Over the last few weeks it has come to my attention that this is also a role of the public relations practitioner to ensure this relationship is just as strong.
My final conclusion is that “communication is the key”, and this applies to all areas of life as well as business.
I must admit, completing this unit while also doing three other units has been pretty intense, and I would definitely recommend that future students complete it in their mid year break. The lessons I’ve learnt from first hand experiences have been invaluable, and I’ve had a wonderful time!
I have been offered a job at the Gnarabar, which is great for me, as I wanted to move back to Margaret River for a while once I’d finished my studies.
It feels great to be able to walk into a job straight out of Uni.
I can’t believe I’m finished in 3 weeks… forever!!
All the best for your final weeks, and good luck to everybody with their reports…. I can’t wait to have mine finished!!
Demi Wright
14261341
Bentley.
3 comments:
WOW! Congrats on your new Job.. I know that internship has helped to give you an idea of how the industry works so i think you will do great and perform better..
So true, communication is very important in any organisation. It is hence of great importance that every beginning of the week employees gather to be updated of the objectives of the week and also of any project that is undertaken.This way they get to ask question if there is the need to.If all employees know what the organisation is all about it then becomes simple to communicate with the external parties/stakeholders.....
I whole-heartedly agree with all your statements! Every business needs PR, big or small, even if the irony is that that fact in itself isn't as widely-publicized as it should be. Without building strong stakeholder relationships, a business can easily fall apart and this is something money alone can't fix or maintain. Adding to your statement regarding internal communication, I can personally testify to the importance of getting along with your colleagues. Not only does it help the business but it helps you as well! At my own internship, I managed to build wonderful friendships with people who are supposed to be my managers. When I left, one of them even wrote a referral letter for me, without me even asking for it! Not to mention, it was full of glowing praise that made me blush. Congratulations on getting a job as well! An amazing bonus to add to the rich experience you acquired.
Post a Comment