Hi Everyone,
I did my Internship at Multimedia University Malaysia (Corporate Communications Unit). it's the first private university in Malaysia with over 20,000 students with an outstanding pool of international students numbering at 4,200 from 75 countries. it was difficult for me to find a place since i was in a foreign country, but i decided to talk to my friends studying in the university and i was lucky to get placement. One very good thing about my office was that it was a stone-throw away from my house ,which made it easier for me to get to work on time considering the usual morning traffic. I went in with mixed feelings;scared because it was my first Job ever and because i'm in a foreign country, but again i was excited as i wanted to know how "going to work" felt like.
At the end of my first day i had an interesting story to share ;i was introduced to everyone at the office,showed me around which made me feel comfortable and welcome to the family. I happened to be the youngest person in my Office and only foreigner but i saw it as an advantage. I learnt a lot from them as they shared their experiences with me, having been in the industry for a long time. In other words I looked up to them like my older brothers and sisters, i never felt out of place but part of a family.Working in a university opened my eyes to a lot of other things asides public relations .
Grace Adamu
14462542/108020015
LUCT
No comments:
Post a Comment