I was so happy and proud to see my first media release being published in a national newspaper! What was the best was that the journalist- Vilorsha from Le Matinal newspaper-to whom I have sent the article told me that she would not change my article because it was well written! I don't want to seem selfish and too proud of myself but that was the way I felt.
While writing the article I was not confident because I knew that professionals would read it but I have tried my best and I guess that my best was good..
As you will see/have seen, the article does not exactly reflect the style we have learned during lectures. In fact in my first draft I tried to include the 5W in the lead paragraph but Sweetie told me that in the fashion industry there are some information that should not be mentioned and that only the most important information should be given. The number of words is also different: at the beginning I wrote about 300 words but Sweetie Ramlagun told me that I had to reduce the amount as people would not read the whole article if it was too long.
I was also disappointed because the journalist had signed her name but then my lecturer Veejayen Carpen told me that it was very good that it happened that way so, if he says it's good then it is!!
And I don't know if you (Veejayen Carpen) is reading this post but if you do I really apology for harassing you on Saturday I was so happy and excited to see the article published...
While writing the article I was not confident because I knew that professionals would read it but I have tried my best and I guess that my best was good..
As you will see/have seen, the article does not exactly reflect the style we have learned during lectures. In fact in my first draft I tried to include the 5W in the lead paragraph but Sweetie told me that in the fashion industry there are some information that should not be mentioned and that only the most important information should be given. The number of words is also different: at the beginning I wrote about 300 words but Sweetie Ramlagun told me that I had to reduce the amount as people would not read the whole article if it was too long.
I was also disappointed because the journalist had signed her name but then my lecturer Veejayen Carpen told me that it was very good that it happened that way so, if he says it's good then it is!!
And I don't know if you (Veejayen Carpen) is reading this post but if you do I really apology for harassing you on Saturday I was so happy and excited to see the article published...
P.S: The link is the online version of the article and the attachment is the hard version of the article.online version the article: Une collection d'ete signee Sweetie Ramlagun.
I'll keep you posted.X0X0
2 comments:
Well, Carolyn, you should be proud of what you have already accomplished.
It is not that easy to get something published and you should take all credits for your perseverance and applications of PR principle in real-life situations.
Keep the good work going and I hope to see more of your press releases to be publish in the future.
Jaysen.
Hi jaysen,
thank you very much. I was indeed very excited and thrilled about my article being published. I have published some other articles too but I did not put that on the blog as I could not get a copy of the published article.
xxx
Post a Comment