Sunday, November 20, 2011

Peaceful Week

Time flies, another week is over!

Last week considered as a peaceful week for me because I've no any heavy task. It is good for me because it is a relax week for me BUT it is also not-so-good because I learned lesser.

Hm, another photo shooting was there as well! It is used for producing the invitation card (Media Appreciation Night). While working with Corporate Communication Department, I saw their working creative. For instance, they use internal employee as the so called model for the invitation card. Then, photoshop it become a rough draft!

Other than that, some basic and simple documentations that I've worked for last week. This is good opportunity for me to train myself, learn from the bottom and build a good foundation. Therefore, when I work in the future, I will know how to handle those simple documentations.

In addition, my colleague has received an email regarding releasing article for doctorjob, and he forwarded for me. Yet, I've to follow up this *small task*. I need to inform those appropriate lecturers and inform them about this publication, and encourage them to get involved. So, I have been assigned to send this message.

Lastly, I want to share an experience to those PR interns here. If your manager assign you to do press clippings (which is the most common and easiest task), please do not look down this small task! In fact, press clipping is a very very important task for the company/organization/department. Here I share my experience, other departments came to my department and looked for a press. However, I have not found the press on the specific date. The reason is I do not have the complete newspaper on that day. So, I fail to get the press. After I explain this to them, they told me the person who is in a higher position felt unhappy.

Here then you know how essential a press is. Please make sure you have a complete newspaper everyday and read carefully while doing press clipping. Although it is an easy task, it is important too!

*Extra new experience* I've joined Oman National Day Celebration last Friday! I followed my colleague to go there for photo shooting. It is my first time to celebrate Oman National Day with those international students.


A short video I took that day.


That's all for today!

No comments: