Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Malaysia International Jewellery Fair

Hi all! This is my 3rd post.

I just came back on Tuesday from the Malaysia International Jewellery Fair that was held in Kuala Lumpur. Although all of us are exhausted but finishing this four days show gave me a sense of fulfillment. This time was a much smaller show compared to the Bahrain show.
A picture of the beautiful twin tower.

I've shared a lot of things during the Bahrain show but from this trip what I've learn is that as a PR practioner we've got to make sure that everything is presentable , the booth is set up properly and the display is showcase nicely. There are lots of media partners of the show taking pictures and doing interviews. Examples of the media partners are The Epoch Times, The New Jeweller and etc. 
 
My colleagues all making sure that the tall window display are nicely placed so that it will not only attract the buyers but also we are always ready for the media to take pictures. Also speaking with the media representatives we've got to know what to speak and what not to as we are like the representatives of our company. I was given a chance to speak to one of the media presentative of Epoch times as they came to our booth wanting to understand more of our company.  I was nervous at first but my colleagues told me to speak with confidence. 

Its been around two month plus since I started my internship, from each event and task I've learn a lot from the process of doing it and grow from it. I think doing Public Relations in the Jewellery sector is one of the area that I will consider going into it. Its really a challenging and exciting job as I get to meet the media representatives, jewellers and designers from all around the world.

Toh Wan Yi
Singapore Curtin Campus


3 comments:

Nick.Chia said...

You seem more like a globetrotter rather than a uni student on internship.

Unknown said...

Hey nick!

It can be tiring actually but at least all of us is given a day off after the show to rest before we come back to the office to work. Your internship sounds great too!

Wan Yi

Weiying said...

Hi Wan Yi,

It is so wonderful that you get to travel while doing your internship! I'm so jealous and wish I had similar opportunities.

Seeing you travel around from event to event must be tiring I reckon. How do you find the events industry like? Personally I like doing events but my boss told me it is hard work and is very time consuming!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Weiying