I was doing my internship in eBotswana Television Station in Botswana. On my first week, I was introduced to the employees and what they specialize in. Got to also be shown around with the help of another intern who was about to finish there, Mr. David Lottering who was in the Graphic sector. Lottering also showed me how to do the eBotswana enewsletter is done, which is issued out every Monday. It was not easy at first, but I got used to doing it and more so that the template's was always ready. Was shown a site where I should get movies for the week and keep up to date with the eBotswana soapies as I was responsible for the information going into the newsletter. On Friday of the same week, had a meeting with my boss, General Manager Mr. Dave Coles and the assistant PR Manager Ms. Sadie Mosiakgabo about upgrading the eBotswana Social Media, what to change and not on Twitter and Facebook, together with the company show at the Botswana's youth radio station Yarona Fm. I learnt a lot during that week, and looked foward to another.
TLOTLO ANGELA PATLAKWE
2 comments:
Hi Angela. Doing an internship at a Television station would be so much fun! Such a fun, hustle-bustle side of PR. Is your primary task taking care of the newsletter? And your homework for the newsletter is watching television shows? Awesome! I imagine you would learn so much because we hardly learn what you would do at a Television station in the PR side at University. Hope you continue to enjoy your internship and good luck :)
- Sarah
HEY GAL,,I HOPE U ENJOYED UR INTERN,IT SEEMS SO INTERESTING, WORKING WITH THE MEDIA AND KNOWING WHAT IS HAPPENING AROUND THE COUNTRY,WORKING WITH EXPERIENCED EMPLOYEES AND OL THAT..WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE OF YOUR TASKS AT eBotswana..
Post a Comment