Sunday, April 29, 2012

International Guide Dogs Day 2012

Hi all,

Last friday, 27th April was International Guide Dogs Day. It was the biggest day for Association for the Blind of WA, Guide Dogs WA.

The association had organised a Street Appeal on last friday morning from 7-9 in the CBD, more than 130 volunteers were involved. These volunteers are from different corporates in Perth, which include McDonald's, Skywest, Nova, etc.

Volunteers were wearing the association's t-shirt and hold on to a mini-dog each.

My duty for this event was to organised the lists of volunteers, sending out the necessary items they need on the day itself; t-shirts, mini-dogs & lanyards.

In the afternoon, we had another round of charity event in five different shopping centres. I was assigned to Noranda shopping centre. I was there with one of my colleague and two other puppy raisers from 11am-2pm. Our duty at shopping centres was hoping to receive kind donations from public through our merchandise, and to raise awareness among the public towards the association.

Street Appeal 2012, marked a meaningful day in my diary.
It was the first volunteer work I was involved since I came to Perth,
and it has been 3 years. I felt my contributions to the event was worth it.

Some photos to share:
Part of the volunteers having their morning tea @ Holiday Inn

Mini-dogs are filling up the car boot! 
Photos taken with my colleagues :)  


We're @ Hay Street 

she's Coco, the first brown guide dogs in training 

Our booth @ Noranda Shopping Centre 

No comments: