Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Opps!
Hi all,
I am currently writing the last bit of my report, which is due at 4pm tomorrow afternoon.
Just realise that I only have 3 blog posts, instead of 4!
Well, so I'm coming in to finish off my last blog post for PR 393.
Through the time that I work on this report, I realize to commit to the 4000 words target is not a difficult job, however problem lies on how to write a quality 4000- 6000 words report.
I was having difficulty in analysis the not for profit industry, where there are many research to be done...
During my research, I came across an article on PRIA website, which titled" Don't let interns loose on the media"
http://www.pria.com.au/industrynews/dont-let-interns-loose-on-the-media
The article discussed on why PR should not let interns to talk to a journalists, call up journalists to ask if they had receive media releases, when are they going to publish, etc.
NONONO! Don't ever let interns to get involve in this job.
If an organisation already has its relationship with media outlets or journalists, then they should not ever let the most junior person in the entire company to call up someone who is very important.
In the article, Elizabeth Marchant outlined 4 main reason of why interns should not make all these calls to journalists.
She also mentioned that getting interns to do these jobs will only increase their risk of getting yell at, increase the risk of getting disappointment, increasing the risk of rethink their entire career route.
Take a look at the article if you have time!
I'm officially signing off from this blog!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
Cheers,
Philoemina Lee
Bently Campus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment