Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This goodbye is only temporary

Hi everyone,

sadly, my internship is coming to a close, having completed my 20 days at The Global Good Foundation. I would like to use my final blog entry to review upon the lessons I've picked up along my placement.

Firstly, I learnt a great deal about Domestic Violence and the impact it has on Australia. Through the experience of liaising with stakeholders and individuals from various publics, I've come to learn that every organisation no matter how big or small requires the help of PR to help communicate and build solid relationships with its publics.

In the 20 days, I managed to grasp the opportunity of working on many different PR tools such as constructing Media Releases, Invitations, Info sheets, Brochures, attending events, speaking with stakeholders and compiling videos. These tasks have given me further insight onto what the requirements of a PR practitioner are. Through this, I have taken away a formidable experience which has furthermore instilled a drive and ambition to work towards entering the PR industry after my degree. Initially, I did slightly dread the idea of a placement as I had troubles landing on one, but after having spent a what I must say, fruitful duration at The Global Good Foundation, I honestly am not quite ready to leave just yet. I've also come to learn that the not-for-profit industry in Australia has steered towards continuous growth, making the maintenance of these organisations a struggle. Alike The Global Good Foundation, there are many newer and smaller organisations who are encountering difficulty in the securing of sponsors and human resources due to the worry caused by the economy and the competitiveness of the industry.

Overall, this unit has benefitted me in so many ways, giving me the opportunity to excel in my beliefs and an insight into the corporate world. I could not have completed my placement without the constant guidance of my supervisor, Tanya Dupagne, Curtin University and unit coordinator Katharina Wolf. Thank you for making this experience a memorable one.

As for those who are on the verge of completion alike myself, I believe we've all done a fantastic job in securing our placements and working towards becoming acting practitioners! And for those who have just begun, I am sure you will come to love your placement just as much as I did.



Signing off for the last time on PR reflective blog 2.

All for the Global Good,
Denise Danielle Lee
14672082
Bentley Campus

1 comment:

philoe said...

Hi there,

Congratulations to your completion of internship. I had just finished with my internship at Association for the Blind of WA-Guide Dogs WA.
I do agree with you that no matter how small or big a company is, they still need a PR team, especially for not-for-profit organisation.

While spending 20 days at a not-for-profit organisation, I realise that the most critical issue with them is funding. PR team always have to work under a tight budget, but its nice seeing everyone work their best to produce the best result with lesser money than other organisation. :)

All the best to your final report! XD
Cheers,
Philoemina