I have loved everyday of my placement and I don't want it to end but the one thing I've realised during this placement is that there is always so much to do and too little time to do it when you have four jobs and uni! Luckily I work best when I'm under pressure and have a lot to do. I think thats why I have realised that this is the career I want to be in and one that I can be successful in.
Ive always known that the PR Industry is a fast paced industry that doesn't operate in the confinements of a 9-5 work day, but I think thats what has appealed to me as well.
Ive always known that the PR Industry is a fast paced industry that doesn't operate in the confinements of a 9-5 work day, but I think thats what has appealed to me as well.
Since my last post my mentor has moved back to Paris and I have been communicating and working for her through emails and phone meetings. Although the last thing I expected to be doing was working for someone on the other side of the world, it has been an opportunity for me to establish communication and organisational skills and the ability to trust my instincts. This has allowed me to work more independently under the direction of the Company Director which has been a scary but amazing opportunity! Following Globcom I have now had two semesters practice constructing proposals through online means- but practice makes perfect right?!
This placement has opened up the opportunity for me to let my creativity flow and make suggestions in all areas of the company, stretching from client proposals, to the company's image and uniformity throughout all official documents. At the beginning of my placement, I personally approached the Director and asked to redesign the media release template, along with numerous other small tasks to contribute to developing the company's image. Through doing so I have been asked to implement some of these ideas including designing media release layouts for all regular clients of 32dsg. Following this I am now asked to proof and edit all media releases before they are sent out to clients and the media. This has developed a uniform layout for all media releases distributed by the consultancy and has given me the chance to develop my media release writing skills, while also providing me with confidence in my ability to develop suitable media releases for numerous clients.
This placement has also given me the opportunity to think outside the square and have in put to company decisions. I have been asked to attend numerous meetings, have been given the opportunity to have input in all areas of PR in the business and have even made it to the website! My mentor even calls me the 'PR Guru'- thats got to mean I'm doing something right!
This placement has also given me the opportunity to think outside the square and have in put to company decisions. I have been asked to attend numerous meetings, have been given the opportunity to have input in all areas of PR in the business and have even made it to the website! My mentor even calls me the 'PR Guru'- thats got to mean I'm doing something right!
No comments:
Post a Comment