Hi Everyone,
Welcome to my first blog!
New to the blogging scene, a little bit nervous yet excited, so hopefully I provide a good read!
My PR 393 Professional Placement isn't your expected scene for a mid twenty something university student, yet my completed days so far have definitely been interesting. I am completing my professional placement days at the Head Office of Bowls WA.
Bowls WA is an organisation responsible for advancing, promoting and controlling the game of lawn bowls in WA. The organisation is in affiliation with Bowls Australia, who are the national sporting organisation responsible for developing and managing the sport of lawn bowls. While many people still believe the sport is only played by retirees, national census statistics prove that the sport is actually very popular with school children and social corporate bowlers!
Bowls WA is one of the largest sporting organisations in WA, consisting of 18, 965 members from over 200 clubs. The organisation is managed by a board of eight directors and has a small team of seven full time staff members. Bowls WA takes on a variety of tasks including promoting the sport, conducting State championships, conducting pennant competitions, managing interstate teams, training and giving assistance to clubs and members with management issues.
Whilst PR practices vary from business to business, I hope to gain as much experience as possible during my stay. I will be working closely with the Public Relations and Marketing team and I look forward to sharing all my days with you.
I hope you enjoy my blogs!
Kind regards,
Lauren Hannah
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Lauren,
I am new to the blogging scene too which is a little nerve racking but hopefully it will be helpful in the long run to use for other PR purposes.
I know what you mean about having a unique placement, I am doing mine at Scitech for this unit and started about two months ago. I do not know much about anything to do with science but I have come to love everything that comes along with working in such a different environment.
Hopefully you are enjoying your time as much as I am.
Brooke :)
Hi Brooke!
Sorry for the late reply, only just got back on here again after a busy few weeks.
Wow Scitech would be fun! Definitely out of our comforts zones hey? Glad you are enjoying your time! Good luck with the rest of it all :)
Lauren
Post a Comment