I started my work at the Department of Environment and Conservation (DEC), located at Kensington, which was the head office of DEC. My project is doing the customer research/survey and evaluation of the WA Naturally Publications. DEC has the lead responsibility for protecting and conserving the State's environment on behalf of the people of Western Australia. This includes managing the State's national parks, marine parks, conservation parks, State national parks, State forests and timber reserves, nature reserves, marin nature reserves and marine management areas.
My supervisor is the manager of sales direction of DEC. She introduced me to her colleague and showed me around of the department at first day. I still remembered that she had a oral presentation and the audience from 2012 Graduation Program; the contents of her presentation were about the strategic marketing plan and also some communication sections. She mentioned that: 'A good attitude is really important and also you need have a good manner when dealing with different customers. Just BE PROFESSIONAL and ask more and more questions as you can.'
I finished the table analysis of all the survey and interview at the last few days, and we organized one workshop for external stakeholders last week, which I got involved as one guest. We've got three workshop, one for internal employees and two for external stakeholders.
Although I just participated one but I have learned a plent number of things:
- No matter how big the organization is, they also need to consider stakeholder's ideas.
- Different group of customers all have hold different opinion.
- Workshop is really helpful when an organization is dealing with a unique situation even a dilemma.
No comments:
Post a Comment