The best thing I have found here at Mellen is everyone works as a team. Weekly meetings are held where the staff are able to discuss and explore upcoming events, convey new ideas and make sure everyone is keeping up with deadlines.
With starting my placement just before event/festival season, I have come to see how much preparation is done for each individual show. And even how fast-paste it is.
Weekly advertisements are essential and done on print media, TV, and radio stations. Street promotions are the funnest to be apart of, with it being used as a tactic for when a show is approaching and increased awareness is needed. Mellen holds promotional activities at various venues around Perth. The main aim of this is to form hype and excitement for the shows and (hopefully) result in increased ticket sales.

Over the last few weeks I have even been working on database graphs to show how many tickets are selling on each day in conjunction with what media outlets had been used. It is very interesting into what media reaches the public and what effect is has. I do believe this has been of value to the company and research been done has helped them provide the most effective communication channels.
With the festivals fast approaching, I have been working closely with the event coordinators and will be working backstage on the days. I am very intrigued and excited about this as it is another dimension of the industry I want to explore. Having worked at previous shows with Mellen already, the experience I have gained is huge. I am continually learning more about the industry each day, knowing every show is different and you should go into it with all guns blazing!
I hope all of you are enjoying your work experience as much as I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment