Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Published Coverage!.... 3200km Away


Hi all,

Thought I would share with you a Heart Foundation Doorknock Appeal article that was recently published in the Kimberley Echo Newspaper. The circulation of the Kimberly Echo spans from the West Kimberley (Broome) to the East Kimberley (Kununurra). This article was a direct product of a media release I wrote approximately two weeks ago and it is a good feeling seeing the hard work paid off. The media release also included interview quotes I sourced from Kununurra local Bridget Parish.

 

(If you wish to see my media release process I have been conducting, see my second blog post titled ‘Media Releases, what a process!’.


 
Thanks for looking, Miles
 

3 comments:

Prue said...

Fantastic result Miles! You must feel very proud right now! I truly understand the feeling of having an one of your media releases picked up by a news outlet and have it published in the news - this has recently happened to me!

I agree, the media release process can be quite lengthy so it is great to see that all the hard work you have put into editing and making sure every part of the article is correct has paid off in the end. I'm sure your organisation is very pleased with your efforts and gaining this coverage in such a rural region that they might not have been able to tap into before.

It's also great that you got some good quotes from the locals! I hope you found it easy enough to find someone to interview, as i know some people can be very apprehensive about being interviewed. Great Work, and I hope more media releases you write for the Heart Foundation get published!

Unknown said...

Hi Miles! Great work!! I am yet to have a media release published, I can only imagine how good it must feel! All the best and I hope to see more media releases you write.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Miles!
How exciting, it certainly is rewarding to see all your hard work pay off in the real world of public relations!
I know first hand how tedious the media release writing process can be but all your time put into it has clearly paid off!
hope you continue with your placement success

Hayley