Thursday, October 25, 2012

and then the sun sets on my degree...







I never thought I would see the day, were I was finally finishing my last ever university assignment. My final assignment would be my professional practise report for this unit. Even though this report would be the biggest I have ever written or had the most percentage worth within my entire degree. I would have to say that I have actually thoroughly enjoyed writing every component of it. You could tell that I enjoyed writing it because it would be one of the only assignments that I have started weeks before hand, unlike the majority of my assignments, which would have most likely been products of the night before caffeine fueled cramming sessions. I think it’s safe to say that all of the Public Relations students, who are winding up their studying days like myself, are all experiencing a variety of emotions. To be honest,I’m feeling a variety of emotions, mostly feelings of relief and excitement for the new chapter of my life and that I have finally reached this milestone in my life. It’s taken me a lot of obstacles, tears, caffeine and sleepless nights but it is great to reach the finishing line.
As it’s come to my end of my internship, I have been exposed to an entirely different industry, in which I have taken in every moment of the experience. I was very lucky to be placed within an organization with such down to earth people especially Janelle and Angel. I don’t think I could have asked for better supervisors to be placed with, were they didn’t mind answering any of my questions I had, or showing me multiple times on how to correctly transfer a call with the new hi tech telephone system (which I think I mastered finally, -thanks angel).  They made me feel incredibly welcome, and not like a work experience student, and that my contribution and assistance was appreciated. PR393 would be one of the most valuable units I have ever completed within my degree, because it’s one thing to know and master the theory, but it’s completely different ball game in real life. You need to know how to take this knowledge from the last 3 years and put it in practise within the work place, and some people may struggle with that and some may been incredibly successful. I have defiantly seen the other side of events and festivals, something many will never see- the amount of work, time and effort that goes into to planning just one of these events is enormous. There is a lot of love and passion for music and culture, especially within the team.
To all the students reading my final blog, I wish you all the best with your future endeavors!
We finally got here :D

No comments: