Hi All,
Sad to think that this will be my last post for the PR393
reflective Blog...
Overall the past month has been so full on yet exciting! I
have accomplished a variety of tasks that I didn’t even think I could do – from
media monitoring to organising an event. My placement has allowed me to
travel to destinations in the world which I had never been to before.
However at times it has all been cherry!! I found that the
most challenging part of my placement has been time management. Multi-tasking
is a skill I am yet to master! However, I have learnt a lot with prioritising
my work and following through each task – organisation is the key to time
management!
Mostly I have enjoyed coercing with our graphic designer
coming up with various promotional material and display adverts. I am really
proud looking back at my work and what I have accomplished over the past month.
Working for a small business is amazing. I have had the
opportunity to make so many important decisions and have really enjoyed being a part of such
a driven and encouraging team. I am looking forward to the opening and hope it
all goes to plan!
All the very best in your careers,
Courtney
3 comments:
Hi Courtney,
I can certainly relate to a struggle with time management! It seems pretty essential in the PR world but I'm one of those dudes who leaves assignments to either the day before of the day they are due! (Not the report Ali is you're reading..)
Sounds like you had a superb time with your placement and learnt a great deal. I know what you mean about discovering things you didn't think you could do. I think in a professional context you are asked to do things that maybe you ordinarily couldn't do but you strive to ace it so you don't look like a moron in front of future employers. I don't know I think it's some weird productive mentality!
All the best with your report and career prospects,
Mike McCarren
Hi Courtney,
I think everyone is facing the same problems - Time management. Especially this is a voluntary work that we have our own commitment on study, work, family and friends.
I am trying to manage a better timetable for myself in the coming future, prioritize my work and following through each taks!
By the way, I agreed with what you said, working in a small organization are always a good stepping stone for you to step into the real business world!
I work in a small organization as well and my CEO always bring me out to experience different works and tasks.
All the best Courtney!
Hi Courtney,
Congrats for finally finishing your placement!!!
It is an awesome feeling.
There were many activities that i was involved with within my placement that i didn't even know existed! Now with so many forms of communication channels and mediums, the list of activities is endless!
Time management was your lesson, the main lesson that i learnt was too proof read, and to have more effective attention to detail with some tasks.
I wish you all the best with your future endeavours !
Tahlia :)
Post a Comment