Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Tasks for the internship!


Internship could be fun!

When I first went to for the Internship, I thought that I would end up doing a lot of Public Relations stuffs which will range from media relations to internal communication. However it was more than this, as I have never dealt with people on a one to one basis in order to have something.

I have learn a lot through my whole internship like for example, I never knew that It was difficult to deal with people on telephone when it comes to managers or CEO, as their time is limited and i have to be clear and concise when asking for something. There is no place for stuttering or hesitation, If you are straight forward, the person will listen to you, otherwise you would be cut short.

I have been able to secure some of the gifts which is meant for the event we have to organise. It was very encouraging when you have conclude something. For an NGO, it is very important to have the maximum of resources for free, as financial resources is very limited.

Some other tasks I have performed is writing letters for the sponsorship which was meant to be sent do some organisations. It must be a formal letter long enough to contain all required information but short enough to fit in a single page. In other words,  the letter should be straight-forward and well-written format.

Then there was the press clippings which had to be scanned and filed in order to make space. It was a simple task however a little time consuming when you had other stuffs waiting for you.

Apart from calls and scanning, there was designing, which was a good thing, as I had to design the organisation's headed paper, as there was only one of the three different sections on them. It was interesting as i have researched to find the different possibilities while keeping in mind what my supervisor wanted.

If ever I have the chance to do an internship or work, i would go for an agency so as to have a different approach than the NGO. However it was very fruitful as i have learned a lot from this internship.

1 comment:

Soul Engaged said...

Hi, Ahmad, I can see that you have to dealt with many stuff.

As for the media clippings, it seems to be a quick work, but it isn't. Every day I had to go through about 6-8 newspaper and scan what concerns the company and have to classify every articles separately. I can say it took me around 1 hour at the beginning and during the last 2 weeks of my internship i have been able to cope with and it took me less that 45 mins depending how much articles i have to scan.

But it was something to enjeoy early morning while coming to the office. :)

Kind Regards
Meem.