I've been doing my professional practice placement at Curtin University within the Public Relations and Marketing Department. I have been working directly with the Project and Campaign Consultant, Asha Selvendra.
Our main focus was Curtin's Open Day. We were in competition with the four other major tertiary institutions in Perth, who were also holding their Open Days' in the week surrounding Curtin's, so not only did we have to make sure everything was organised in time for the event, we also wanted the event to be fun, innovative, and entertaining. Our main priority in the first few weeks has been the program for Open Day.
I have worked with all the different education departments within Curtin, Health, Science & Engineering, Humanities, CBS, and in order to sort out the program/guide for visitors on the day. I have been finalizing lecture and activity times, to make sure everything that gets printed in the program is correct. The design coordinator within the marketing department, Angus Souter, has also been working with the graphic designer in charge of the design for the program. Asha and I have been meeting with Angus, to finalize designs for the timetable for activities and lectures, maps, and other images that will be included in the program.
My first two weeks really showed me how massive a job planning Open Day is, and how important it is to be very well organised. Small tasks such as the program, take up so much time, and involve a lot of team work and coordination with separate people in order to get the job done. Asha and I have spent a lot of time meeting with different people to ensure that the program is printed on time and correctly.
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
No comments:
Post a Comment