So as most of you know, I have completed 5 weeks at Crown Perth. I loved every minute of it and learnt so much about public relations. BUT, I have been given the opportunity to do the rest of my internship at West Australian Newspapers. I have already been at The West a few weeks now and I can say it's completely different.
At The West, I had the privilege of working with a top client on a cross promotion with Ch7. With this, I was in control of producing the pointer artwork, coupon artwork, terms and conditions, radio, media schedules, generating winners and keeping tabs on the amount of entries.
Readers were instructed, by in paper promotional support, to go to the clients facebook page, find a codeword, enter online at thewest.com.au and then watch Ch7 to see if their name was announced as a winner.
This was a great project to work on, especially because I had the chance to work on it from start to finish and see the whole process involved. It made me realise the importance of communication, not only with your audience but with your client. It's pivotal to keep the client happy and listen to what it is they want. A happy client is a loyal client and with the way the economy is going it's so crucial to keep them.
Since being at The West, I have been involved in a number of events. One big event is The Orange Seed Project. The concept of 'The Orange Seed Project' was developed by Jack in the
box and The West Australian as a means to give back to the WA community. It's a chance for NFP to benefit from the expertise of the two companies. I was given the task of scouting potential locations for the event, creating invitation artwork, organising submissions and other event details.
I have been very lucky to be able to work in to top WA organisations over the past couple of months. The office culture is very different between the two companies, with each having very different targets but similar objectives.
I'm really looking forward to learning more at The West and continuing to develop my marketing, journalism and public relations skills. I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment