Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hard Work Pays Off



Hi Everyone!

Things are going full steam ahead at my internship recently!

We had been franticly organising the final touches of the family event that I mentioned in my last blog, this event was a Positivity Treasure Hunt. The event was run throughout the Swan Valley with contestants having to use clues to find numerous locations and complete an activity once they reached that location.

The final leg of the hunt ended at Whiteman Park, where we had organised a family fair, which had plenty of fun activities for all ages!

I never realised prior to this event, just how much work goes into organising something like this, especially in my case where we had next to no funding! The day was long and a lot of hard work, running around, calling people and cooking hundreds of sausages, but it was all worth it in the end! Being able to see something that the rest of the team and I had worked so hard towards creating was amazing!

We ended up having over 200 people register and take part in the day which was beyond our original expectations!

I am still in the process of inviting key business people to our gala awards night, as well as receiving nominations for the numerous awards we are presenting on the night!

I’ve definitely found that now the campaign is coming to a peak all the hard work pays off, things are getting busier and starting to really take off – which is an amazing thing to experience as part of my internship!

Ill update you on how the awards night goes!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Imogen,

Is that the event you had to organise?! I work in a winery in the swan valley and we had families coming in saying that they were participating in that! Sounds like it was a great success and had a large number of participants.

Reading your blogs looks like you have put in a huge effort and I'm glad it's paying off for you and giving you a great deal of experience!

Like you I had to help organise the agricultural shows and I fully agree that it is a huge amount of effort! But it's always rewarding when it all pays off!

From reading your more recent blogs, I believe you have now finished your internship period and hope you had a fantastic time and learnt a great day.

Good luck with the rest of semester