Hi Everyone!
My internship is sadly coming to an end! The One Day of Positivity campaign that i have been a part of running is about to hit its peak.
The Gala event was held at the Duxton Hotel, in Perth. The night was a huge success, we had a full house of people including, key business people, award finalist, campaign ambassadors and other employees of the the company.
The night went off without a hitch, we had an MC for the night, who was amazing and I was even given the honour of introducing each finalist for the awards that we gave out. This was an amazing experience, to be able to stand in front of 150 people and speak to them. It is definitely something I will never forget! (luckily i didn't trip and fall up the stairs!)
The days leading up to the event were full of organisation of seating, silent auction prizes, timing for awards and all those little things that i have never really realised were vital to a smooth and stress free night! I have definitely learnt that Organisation and planning are the keys to a successful evening!
Now that it's all over, i can definitely say that i have learnt a huge amount from this campaign, the AELC and the people i worked with. Things that i will use in the future and will better me in the real world once university is over!
I'm definitely grateful for this internship, it's taught me things that money definitely can't buy!
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Imogen,
Sounds like you're having a great time at your internship! Hopefully you took some photos of the Gala Night.
Also sounds like the night was very successful - no problems at all by the sounds of it. This must mean successful and efficient PR.
However, I am curious to find out what you would have done given there was a problem. Did you have a crisis contingency plan for the night? I think that this is a really important back up plan for public relations practitioners to have on hand - just in case.
Although, it really shouldn't be required if your planning and organising is efficient and effective and if you've thought of everything to cater to the needs of the event. As you said, organising and planning are keys to a successful evening!
Anyways, glad to hear you're having a great time at your internship. Look forward to hearing more.
Becky
Hi Imogen,
Looks like your event was greatly successful. Good to hear.
I understand these events can be quite daunting making sure everything runs smoothly.
I am also putting on a event which is a milestone for my organisation. My Organisation is PCP which is a non-for profit organisation which helps promote local, national and international photographers.
Is there anything I should be careful of when preparing for an opening ?
There will be around 400 people attending and I want to make sure that I don't miss anything.?
There has been so much planning for this event it is crazy.
We have a team of about 7 working on all alliances, potential sponsors , catalogues, in-kind sponsorship and many more pressing agendas .
Along with finishing my degree ,
Haha good times.
Hey Imogen :)
I really enjoyed working with you and the other interns for this campaign.
We did learn a lot and our hard work really did pay off.
We got a lot of positive feedback from our campaign and i believe with the constructive criticism we also received they can make the campaign a success again next year.
Jaimie :)
Post a Comment