Making progressive steps in my internship!
Half way through my internship and I’m understanding how the business operates
and where I fit in as an intern. I was a
bit lost for a while and didn’t know if what I was doing was right. With the
agricultural show season upon us, I didn’t know if events really fitted into
the whole public relations area, but handing in my 10 day update I was
reassured that it was all apart of the job and to make the most of what I was
doing.
Finally being able to finish the companies
facebook page and getting full approval to get that up and running, I was
feeling positive about the impact I was having on the business. The facebook
page was a lot harder then I thought because BAJV doesn’t have a policy that
covers social media. Meaning there needed to be an alternative email created
and used for the facebook page, to ensure it didn’t link with personal accounts.
So I was pretty excited about it all when it was finally functioning!
I’ve also been able to participate and learn about all the efforts that go into organising events. BAJV participates in a number of agricultural shows and I was able to help set up their stand in Northam. It involved making site maps to show where everything was going to be located within their designated area, as well as a trip to their warehouse to organise and make a stock list for everything that would be needed over the weekend. I really enjoyed the set up as it was efficient and fun. You learn that the maps made are more guidelines then strictly needing to be followed. I very much enjoyed this and cannot wait until I’m able to participate in both the set up and the running of their next agricultural show in Toodyay in October.
I’ve also been able to participate and learn about all the efforts that go into organising events. BAJV participates in a number of agricultural shows and I was able to help set up their stand in Northam. It involved making site maps to show where everything was going to be located within their designated area, as well as a trip to their warehouse to organise and make a stock list for everything that would be needed over the weekend. I really enjoyed the set up as it was efficient and fun. You learn that the maps made are more guidelines then strictly needing to be followed. I very much enjoyed this and cannot wait until I’m able to participate in both the set up and the running of their next agricultural show in Toodyay in October.
So far I’ve very much enjoyed having some freedom to do my own thing but have also been stuck with odd jobs that need to be done. This includes tidying up work sheets, websites and spreadsheets. But it all adds to the job and to the experience!
Stay tuned! Hopefully next blog will update you about the agricultural shows! Or at least the lead up and preparation for them.
3 comments:
Hi Fiona,
I was also put in charge of setting up and running the facebook page! it definitely takes awhile, Facebook has so many rules and it takes a lot to get it out and for people to see it!
I hope you enjoy the rest of your internship!
Hi Fiona,
Great post! Before reading your blog post I didn't have too much of an idea of what sort of things you would with the company but after reading what sort of tasks you have partaken in I am really intrigued. I would be so nervous putting together a Facebook page for a company so well done! I look forward to hearing about your next couple of weeks and what other tasks you have undertaken.
Hey Fi!
This sounds great, congratulations on your hard work.
I also like the girls above had to work on a client's Facebook page but certainly didn't have to put it together, that must have been so daunting especially if there was a lot of people viewing it!
Well done.
Good luck with the rest of your units!
Darcy
Post a Comment